Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

hermana jones.


After three months of thinking and wondering, two more months of thinking and praying, another month of thinking and praying and doctors and dentists and bishop's interviews, and a week of thinking and praying and major anticipation followed by fed ex delays and the two longest days of my life, without throwing up I might add, I opened my mission call.



I am going to a state filled with great people, great food, GREAT heat, and best of all, a shared passion for the greatest sport on earth.



Oh. And it’s basically the border of Mexico. Which is why I get to preach the Gospel in my favorite language of all time.



It’s the perfect combination of some of my favorite things: Spanish, football, Mexican food, and cowboys.



I couldn’t be happier if I had picked it myself.


In all seriousness, I am SO excited to serve a mission and to help preach the true and complete Gospel to the people of the Texas McAllen Mission. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father and his people for 18 months. Thank you to everyone who has helped me get to this point in my life. You know who you are and I really don't think I could have done it without you. Really really.


PS. Here is a video of the big day. I wasn’t emotional at all…

And screaming out “SPANIIISH!” wasn’t quite the way I pictured announcing my call to everyone, but give me a break ok. It was in the moment.




3 comments:

Vicki said...

Jenny,
This made me cry too! So Exciting!! You're be one awesome missionary in MaaaacAllen (as Uncle Wally swears it's pronounced!). Love you!
Aunt Vicki

Bethany Hoyt said...

you are amazing. i love you to death!!

Holly Wilcox said...

I love you Jenny. You're so cute and you made me cry. Thanks for documenting this!!