Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

operation beautiful

I am an avid reader of Soulpancake.com.

Ok. Not so avid. But when I remember to check it out, I do. And every time afterward I feel edified.

Basically it’s a place for people to share their thoughts and feelings about different subjects and questions proposed by the site creators. It’s one of those things that reminds you, OH YEAH, there’s good in this world.

Today I was on that website and, via someone else’s comment, I stumbled across this website:

operationbeautiful.com

Their mission? To inspire women around the world, to remind them that they are beautiful, to uplift and encourage them and help them remember the beauty in the world and inside of them. They do it by leaving different types of "you are beautiful" notes in different places, like the mirror in a public bathroom or the inside of a book in a bookstore.

The website encourages everyone to participate in operation beautiful.

So I did.

I often have days where I don’t feel beautiful. Very often I feel far from it. And being a girl, I know I’m not the only one who feels that way sometimes. So I hope that leaving this note on the mirror in the southeast bathroom in the basement of the WSC on campus this morning is appreciated by someone today, and reminds her that she really is beautiful.

This is for all the beautiful women in my life. Especially my incredibly gorgeous mother and my two stunning sisters.




1 comment:

Hayley Parker said...

thanks Jen! i really am crying right now...

man i'm going to miss you! I love you sooo much!