I've always said that Shannon is her own special kind of light. She has a presence, one that is noticeable even to those who have just met her. She has this habit of talking with her hands, and when she's explaining something you can almost see the inner workings of her mind, the mechanisms rolling. That's the part of her that is meticulous and organized, always planning, always trying to be one step ahead. But there's another part of her, a part of her soul that she learns more and more about as she grows, that yearns to let things go, to let go of plans and schedules and steps and to just feel free. I've seen her feel that freedom, that feeling of raw and pure living, by falling down a mountain's wall and catching on that last clip. But I've also seen her feel that freedom simply from being loved by a man who can't believe how lucky he is to have found her. She learns from her mistakes and she will make many more, but along the way she will share a piece of her light with every person she encounters, and some of us will be lucky enough to share a piece of her heart, that piece of her heart that is young and free.
Welcome to your 20s, Shan.
1 comment:
I love you. I can never get enough of your beautiful writing. I am so grateful for your friendship and the way you always choose to see the best parts of me, and forgive my mistakes.
Post a Comment