Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

boyfriend picks me from the airport,
says he can verify that my car doesn't max out at 120mph and i give him a lecture that goes "you have a fiancé and you better think about her the next time you drive like vin diesel" 
and yet, here i sit
with apple and knife in hand
slice and eat, slice and eat, repeat. 
and i cut my finger once. 
aren't we all committers of dangerous acts? on airplane rides i pray
but drive the I-15 for seven hundred miles with my eyes nearly closed. 
love is a risk, and there is danger in the smallest things
and yet we condemn those with a thirst for the thrill that comes from
falling down a mountain's wall and catching on that last clip.
scraped knees and bruised hips are unnoticed against that feeling of raw, pure living. 

2 comments:

s h a n n o n said...

Your writing is awesome Jenny. You are so talented.

I love this. I love remembering that feeling, just by the way you connect the words. I love you!

Bethany Hoyt said...

love your face and your profound thoughts. :)